Mid-level Software Engineer
Location: Quincy, Massachusetts
Apply to: Human Resources at HR@xcmsolutions.com
The XCM Solutions Mid-Level Software Engineer designs and implements APIs and integration points between XCM’s SaaS application to customers' systems. This role is critical for helping our customers utilize XCMworkflow and leverage their existing applications. This role supports all stages of the software development lifecycle, including gathering requirements, technical design, unit and integration testing, deployment, and post-production support.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, and prepare APIs for installation.
- Design, develop, and conduct Systems Integration Testing (SIT) prior to launching solutions.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation to support technical delivery and integrations with 3rd party software.
- Help in technical discussions with clients throughout project delivery and implementation of all integrations.
- Provide post-installation and integration support.
- Troubleshoot technical issues by confirming the validity of the problem and seeking known solutions.
- Work with internal and external vendors and clients in a constructive and collaborative manner and on the integration of diverse technologies.
- Help technical leads in the development of project metrics on IT projects during the project planning phase, and after initiation.
- Experience connecting both SaaS and On-Premise integration points.
- Work on other tasks at the discretion of the Senior Director, Solution Architect.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Total five to seven years of software development experience. Around two years of systems integration experience for large scale infrastructure and cloud transformation programs is a plus.
- Proven experience in software solutions development, software integration through analysis, design, development, implementation, test, and evaluation of custom developed solutions.
- Proven experience in technical documentation and systems support.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Technology Stack - .Net, C#, ASP.NET, .NET Core, REST APIs.
- Proven experience in design and development of Microsoft SQL Server database, SQL Scripts and other like MySQL, MongoDB.
- Foundational knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics is a plus.
- Excellent .NET and SQL Server debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in both web-based and traditional programs.
- Experience with AWS or Azure-based integrations.
- Understanding of software security and secure systems.
- Experience with Windows Active Directory environments is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot and debug customer reported issues.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and work on tighter project deadlines.
- Excellent ability to perform a variety of tasks.
- Ability to travel 10-20% both domestically and internationally.