Location: Quincy, Massachusetts (Boston area) or Washington D.C.
Apply to: Human Resources at HR@xcmsolutions.com
The Solution Architect is responsible for the design of one or more applications or services within XCM Solutions. The candidate must have a balanced mix of technical and business skills. The integral focus for the Solution Architect is on the technical decisions being made regarding the solution and how they impact the business outcomes.
The Solution Architect must be able to convey their message to various audiences and they also need to fully understand the business’ processes in order to create a cohesive vision of a usable product. This role will examine the current systems’ architecture and work with business and technical staff to recommend solutions that result in more effective systems. The ideal candidate will pay a lot of attention to detail, examine functional specifications and translate them into system guidelines that shape project development, as well as find ways to align projects with enterprise-level systems.
In addition to guiding development teams, the Solution Architect is also responsible for conducting research on newer technologies and devising solutions that work within those systems. This role will work to select the most appropriate technology for a problem and balance architectural concerns of the project with the concerns of the enterprise. Occasionally, the Solution Architect may meet directly with clients to demonstrate solutions, answer questions regarding software capabilities and requirements, and work to resolve issues that arise during the development cycle.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Determine how technology can be used to solve a given business problem and work to solve various problems
- Strong ability to understand which framework, platform or tech-stack can be used to create a solution
- Strong ability to understand how the application will look, what the modules will be, and how they interact with each other
- Drive how applications will scale for the future and how they will be maintained
- Conduct architectural evaluation, design and analysis of enterprise-wide systems throughout entire business
- Organize the development methodologies; provide motivation and guidance to the development team during the software development lifecycle
- Determine the risk in third party frameworks and platforms
- Ensure the application architecture team delivers robust system solutions to the business
- Identify customer requirements, analyze alternatives, and conduct product recommendations related to software, platform and network configurations
- Provide solution alerts and perform at a high level as an example to team members
- Responsible for the vision that underlies the solution and to execute that vision into the project
- Initiate client contact and perform demonstrations as part of a total sales team effort if needed
- Responsible for continuing configuration management, platform layout and ongoing suggestions and best practices for the entire project
- Working with infrastructure teams to deploy new releases and to ensure that IT systems and the applications function at their optimum levels
- Help in leading the technology vision into the future
- Strong ability to identify and work with nonfunctional requirements to include security, performance, maintainability, scalability, usability, and reliability of the product
- Provide onsite consultation services for clients regarding internal accounting firm processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 15+ years of proven experience as a Software Architect, including having worked with newer cloud technolgies
- Strong ability to translate functional requirements into robust software solutions
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Familiarity with React, Redux, and Amazon cloud services
- Ability to begin daily work in the early morning (6:00 or 7:00 am)
- Experience working with Cloud environments like Amazon and Microsoft Azure
- Flexibility to travel internationally, up to 4 times per year.
- High level of technical literacy to determine how a software solution fits into an organization’s current structure, and ability to assist in the development of specifications and requirements
- Strong ability to examine a client’s current systems and determine overall project needs and scope
- Excellent time management and project management skills to determine development schedules and milestones, and ensure that deliverables are completed on time
- Previous experience with team leadership and motivational skills are essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate with team members, clients, and external vendors
- Exceptional problem-solver with the ability to quickly change direction based on updated client specifications or system limitations
- Knowledge and understanding of AI and RPA and how it would be used in both technology and service businesses
- May be requested to work overtime due to special program events